The NEXT application cycle will open on November 1st, 2020 to February 1st, 2021 for Fall 2021's Admission.
Nursing application checklist: Click Here
Submit Petition for substitution form with accompanying official transcripts, for any prerequisite courses taken outside of College of Marin
- Prerequisite and corequisite courses completed at other colleges or universities must be equivalent to those offered at College of Marin. Students requesting equivalency for courses must complete the following by Priority Deadline, January 8th, 2021 (the second Friday of January each year). *please note: the orientation video states January 4 this is NOT correct, we adjusted the date to be the second Friday of January annually. Upon receipt of the final transcripts with final grades, course substitutions and pending courses will be approved or denied, and that form will be returned to the student.
- Download and print Petition for Substitution form
- Petition for Substitution (for courses taken outside of College of Marin): fill out, turn into Enrollment Services w/ previous institution(s) official transcripts
- All transcripts for all academic coursework completed
- Send Petition for Substitution form with all official transcripts to:
- College of Marin - Enrollment Services
- Attn: RN Application-Sheldon Carroll
- 835 College Ave
- Kentfield, CA 94904
Nursing courses completed at foreign colleges or universities must be evaluated by the California Board of Registered Nursing for consideration of equivalency. More information is available at www.rn.gov. Refer to Foreign College Transcripts, under “Academic Records” in Section 2 of this catalog for more information.
Submit an online application with all supporting materials.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Additionally, if you wish to receive points for each criteria, supporting docs from each of those areas must be submitted. Duplicate applications will not be accepted, your first application will be the application reviewed. If you submit more than one application, it is the responsibility of the student to contact the Health Sciences department and request assistance with ensuring the appropriate application is on file. It is not the responsibility of the Health Sciences department nor enrollment services to notify students of duplicate applications.
- Multi-Criteria Spreadsheet
- TEAS Remediation plan
- RN application TEMPLATE (this will give you the lay out of the application to review before submitting)
First Semester Application: this is a first year student application
LVN 30-unit application: this is for a LVN who would like to complete 30 units to receive their Registered Nursing education to be able to sit for NCLEX (space available only)
Advanced Placement application: this is for continuing RN students, either from COM or from another Registered Nursing program (space available only)
Take the TEAS exam! You must take the TEAS exam and submit scores prior to the close of the application. Fall 2021 application deadline is February 1st, 2021.
- Due to COVID-19 we will NOT be administering the TEAS exam on College of Marin's campus. To schedule an exam please connect with ATI directly to take the test: Link to ATI website.
- The first passing (62% or higher) TEAS exam score within the last 365 days of application will be the only exam score that we accept in your application to the program.
- A minimum score of 62% is required in order to apply for the Nursing program
- If you do not receive a minimum of 62% you need to review the remediation plan, if you plan to apply within the next 365 days. If you are going to wait 365 days to retake the exam, you do not need to complete remediation.